Now that you have made the choice to enhance your in-home viewing experience with one or more home theater recliners, you need to make some new decisions. Do you want luxurious leather or durable microfiber upholstery? Do you want options like a Buttkicker, power recline or lighted cup holders? Before you give up and go back to sitting on your old second-hand sofa, here are some tips to help you choose the perfect home theater reclining furniture.
It is important to educate yourself on an available list of home theater recliners. There are many options to choose from that vary in price, style and accessories. Here are just a few of the key attributes that may help you decide on the home theater recliner that will best fit your needs.
Three important factors to consider with a home theater seat are price, upholstery and options. Let’s take a look at each of these features and some tips to help make finding the perfect home theater recliner quick and easy.
Home Theater Recliner Pricing (per seat):
Your budget has played an important role in building and designing your home theater. It will also play a vital role when purchasing the best home theater recliner. Luckily, many top manufacturers offer quality home theater recliners for nearly any budget. Use the pricing points above to begin narrowing down your options.
Remember, even if your wallet is light, you can still cash in on some luxurious seats with impressive accessories. You do not have to break the bank to find the perfect theater recliner; there are many seats at various prices to consider. Always keep your price range in mind.
Home Theater Recliner Upholsteries
- Leather – Available in multiple grades.
- Bonded Leather – A blend of leather scraps and synthetic materials.
- Leather Match – Leather on seating surfaces, matching vinyl on sides and back.
- Microfiber – Durable and easy to clean.
- Fabric – Comes in thousands of colors and textures.
The material of your home theater recliner is an important decision for any customer. Many brands offer a wide variety of seating material. Consumers can pick from an extensive collection of fabrics, durable microfibers or soft leathers. A home theater leather recliner is on the wish list of many customers. Those who are interested in a home theater leather recliner should make sure they budget adequately and verify it will truly fit their needs. For more valuable insight into the different types of leather mentioned here check out this helpful leather guide.
Leather theater seats tend to be more expensive than Microfiber materials, and may not be the best option for messy eaters and children. Theater leather recliners are available in a variety of different colors. If you are planning to buy a theater leather recliner, be sure to keep the room’s décor in mind. Select a theater leather recliner in a color that compliments existing room colors. Customers can also opt for stylish fabric or microfiber material. This is a less expensive alternative but gives an equally impressive touch. Microfiber also has the added bonus of being easy to clean, making it an ideal choice for households with pets or kids.
Home Theater Recliner Features & Accessories
Power Recline – Easy recline with the push of a button. Power recline also lets you stop at any angle.
Buttkicker – A subwoofer attached to the chair frame. Sometimes also known as a bass-shaker.
Built-On Risers – The riser platform is now built into the base of the seat for your second row so, no need to build a platform.
Lighted Cup Holders & Baserails – Small blue lights help you find your drink in the dark and illuminate under the seating.
Elevated Risers Built Into Seat – Back row elevated theater chairs to allow you to see the screen.
Heat & Massage – Get a relaxing massage while you watch your favorite program.
Flip-Up Arms – Enjoy the versatility and authentic theater feel provided by our flip-up arm models.
Motorized Headrest – Head rest adjusts to cradle your head at the perfect viewing angle.
Motorized Lumbar – Adjust your lumbar support effortlessly at the touch of a button to the firmness that best suits you.
In-arm Storage – Storage space that is usually hidden in the arm rests.
Tray Tables – Small tables that can be removed from the arm rests and stored in armrest storage.
Ipad Holders & Accessories – Unique brackets designed to hold a computer tablet horizontally or vertically.
Wallhugger – Allows a full recline within inches of the wall behind the seat to save on space requirements.
USB Ports – Ports on the seat power switches can charge your phone and other devices.
Nailhead Trim – A decorative nailhead trim gives a classic or western look.
Italian Leather – Imported from Northern Italy, this durable leather has a consistent grain and a supple feel.
Once you have chosen your home theater pricing and decided on a leather or Microfiber recliner that fits your budget and matches your room décor, it is time to accessorize. There are many different options to choose from at varying costs.
If you are really looking to shake things up, try a bass shaker like the Buttkicker. The Buttkicker is a sub-woofer built directly into your home theater recliner for a truly one of a kind movie experience. Another popular feature is light-up cup holders built directly into your home theater recliner. The last thing you want is your audience spilling soft drinks on your new home theater leather recliner. These light-up cup holders ensure your theater leather recliner stays spill-free while dazzling your audience.
New to the market is ambient lighting in the cupholders or baserail. These are lights that are attached to the base of the frame that gives a theater lighting effect in a dark room. They usually come in blue to not interfere with the screen and can be usually be turned on or off by flipping a switch located on the cup holders.
Ipad holders are another new accessory that seems to have caught the public’s attention. These can be purchased independently from the seats and generally fit into the cup holder as a base support.
Key Industry Resource Links for Home Theater Design
- How To Measure
- Amateur Home Theater Design Mistakes
- Is Going to the Movies Still Worth It?
- Wireless Speakers: How To Set Them Up & What To Buy
- Home Theater Amplifiers: The Guide for Newbies
- When Space is an Issue
- What Exactly is Leather/Match?
- Leather Stain Removal
- What is a Wall-Hugger Recliner?
- Home Theater Seating Buying Guide
- The Importance of Ergonomic Seating
- 15 Mind-Blowing Home Theater Designs To Inspire You
- Basement Finishing & Remodeling Ideas
- Designing the Perfect Man Cave
- The Real Cost To Building A Home Theater
- Home Theater and Media Room Design Ideas by home Pros
- Home Theater Design Basics
- Setting Up Your Home Theater Basics
- Home Theater Safety
- Designing a Hidden Home Theater
- Setting Up Home Theater Acoustics
- What is Leather/Match?
- Home Theater Ergonomics
- Sofa Buying Guide
- Space Planning for Home
- Home Theater Soundproofing
- A Guide to Home Theater Acoustic Panels
- Home Theater Riser Setup
- Buyers Guide To Home Theater Projector Screens
- Projectors vs Televisions: Which is Better for Your Media Room
- Top Sofas For Your Media Room
- What are the Standard Interior Door Sizes?
- Building Customized Speakers & Making Wired Speakers Wireless
- In-Wall Wiring – How To Do It Right!
Home Theater Seating
- Theater Room Seating
- Cheap Theater Seating
- Motorized Recliner
- Fabric Home Theater Seating
- Red Home Theater Seats
- Adjustable Lumbar Recliner
- Theater Seat Customer Reviews
- Italian Leather Home Theater Seats
- Sectionals That Seat 10
- Home Stadium Seating
- Palliser Vertex 41470
- Turbo XL700 With Riser
- How Much Are Theater Chairs
- Curved Theater Sectional
- Leather Seat Chair
Decor & Accessories
- Octane Seating
- 7.75 Inch Platform Riser
- 14.5 Inch Home Theatre Riser
- Diamond Upholstery Chairs
- Theatre Carpet
- Aluminum Recliner Tray Table
- Blue Sectionals With Recliners
- Theater Room Area Rugs
- Home Theater Risers
- Theater Seat Reviews
- Movie Room Decor
- Against The Wall Recliners
- Lighted Leather Recliner
- Multi Level Home Theater Seating
- Seat Risers For Chairs
- Massage Theater Seating
- Home Theater Sofas
- Contemporary Leather Recliners
- Big And Tall Recliner Chair
- Couch Tray Table
- Power Headrest Lumbar USB Table Recliner
- Recliner with Cupholder
- Recliners For Mancave
- Auditorium Seats
- Curved Movie Chairs
- Home Cinema Loveseat
- Flex Hr By Octane Seating
- Azure Power Seats
- Unique Theater Seating
- Oversized Sectionals Sofas